Thank you for your interest in joining the Thoreau Society, the oldest and largest organization devoted to promoting public understanding of Thoreau’s life, works, and legacy.
Benefits of Basic Membership ($55)
- FREE Subscription ($35 value) to the Thoreau Society Bulletin (quarterly news, bibliography, notes & queries)
- FREE Subscription ($35 value) to The Concord Saunterer: A Journal of Thoreau Studies (annual journal)
- Member rates on educational programs
- Advance notice on special events
- Opportunity to support Our Mission.
- 10% off on most Shop at Walden Pond purchases (in-store or online). Member coupon code (some restrictions apply): mem1793
Serious scholars and general readers alike enjoy reading both the Thoreau Society Bulletin and The Concord Saunterer. In fact, that’s the dynamic that’s fueled our organization since its inception, bringing scholars and enthusiasts together to promote public understanding of Thoreau and his work in his time and in ours. Our publications have been an important source of information in helping to preserve Thoreau Country as part of our common heritage and as the embodiment of Thoreau’s landmark contributions to social, political, and environmental thought.
High School Libraries, Public Libraries, and Research Libraries can all benefit from our publications, which have been the standard of excellence in Thoreau studies since 1941.
Library Subscriptions ($110)
Includes the Thoreau Society Bulletin and Concord Saunterer. No other membership privileges apply.
High School Membership ($75)
The Thoreau Society supports teachers and students through its High School Membership. ALL Students AND Faculty Members at your high school will receive the benefits of basic membership listed above with special rates and discounts on all Society events and at the Shop at Walden Pond. You will receive one subscription to our publications, which will be mailed to your school library.
Your additional support will help the Thoreau Society rapidly advance its mission and meet its financial and programming goals each year.
- Sustaining ($85)
- Maine Woods ($100)
- Cape Cod ($250)
- Concord and Merrimack ($500)
- Walden ($1000)
- Life Membership ($1500)