The Thoreau Society needs your support in order to carry out its mission to educate the public about the life, works, and legacy of Henry D. Thoreau. We are engaged in a diversity of projects that require your ongoing support including:
- The publication of The Thoreau Society Bulletin and The Concord Saunterer.
- Planning and conducting our Annual Gathering each July.
- Maintaining the quality and accessibility of our Collections at the Thoreau Institute at Walden Woods.
- Planning and implementing public programming and outreach programs including digital initiatives like Mapping Thoreau Country.
- Helping us to maintain a global network of Thoreauvians working to advance Thoreau's ideas in relation to the pressing issues of today.
"I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours."
Henry D. Thoreau, Walden